Hello! I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at Northwestern where I direct the Media, Technology & Society (MTS) Program. I am also part of the Technology & Social Behavior Program. I have a few too many profiles in various parts of the Web, all of which I struggle to keep up to date. A good place to find current information is my website. If you'd like to get in touch, please send me an email (and don't be shy about re-sending if I don't reply).
Current classes hosted in this wiki
Office hours signups
Looking to schedule a meeting with me? Please sign up for an OH appointment. If I'm your advisor, serving on your committee, or supervising a qualifying exam, I also have a page with my advising/mentoring office hours schedule.
Archived classes hosted on this wiki
- MTS 525/COMMST 395—Statistics and Statistical Programming (Fall 2020)
- MTS 503 (Spring, 2019)
- MTS 525 (Spring 2019)
- Class policies. The policies that govern my classes at Northwestern. I will try to update these and usually link to them from my course syllabus.
- Assessment rubrics/policies. The assessment rubrics and policies I use in my classes. These are stated as generally as possible to enable me to use them across many kinds of courses.
- Better Wikipedia citations. This page documents a basic solution to a common problem I observe among students who want to cite Wikipedia articles as part of assignments in my classes. After telling people about it a few times, I decided to write up the solution here so that it can be a more public resource.
- How to email your professor without being annoying AF