Statistics and Statistical Programming (Fall 2020)/w01 session plan
- (Preferred) names, pronouns, details.
- Why are you here?
- What background, if any, do you have with statistics and/or statistical programming?
- Meta-curricular concerns
- High-level goals
- Why this approach to this material? (Aaron's pedagogical philosophy and motives)
- Course format, channels of communication, and aspirational norms
- Stuff that's not on the syllabus (yet)
- Ongoing assessment and iteration
- Modest "microlectures"
- NU Research computing and other sources of outside support.
- Week 1 material
- Pre-course assessment of statistical concepts
- Working groups
- Problem set #0