Steps for Facilitators -- virtual C + F
1. [1-2 months before] Think about whether you might modify the format and narrow down dates. Read through norms pages and wiki docs to make sure you're satisfied with the program.
2. [3-4 weeks in advance] Poll the group to set a date and time. Make sure announcements go to the mailing list since not everyone is on IRC and not everyone on IRC has backscroll.
3. [2-3 weeks in advance] Send out the call for submissions and work on setting the final schedule for the day.
4. [2 weeks in advance] Announce the schedule.
5. [1 week in advance] On submission due date, remind anyone who hasn't sent out work.
6. [2 days before C + F] Send out links and reminders
7. Day of the C + F, your tasks will be:
- Post links to norms and etherpad
- Get at least two volunteers who are not presenting work to be note-taking minders, one for each half; the notes minder helps make sure that notes are happening and captures whatever isn't getting captured. Note-taking can be tiring and it can be hard to both give feedback and watch the notes.
- Make sure turn taking is happening and nudge the group to follow the process if needed
- Keep an eye on the clock: set an alarm and give a 5-minute warning prior to end of the time block
Session format example:
|Opening words||2 minutes|
|1st submission||25 minutes|
|2st submission||25 minutes|
|3rd submission||25 minutes|
|4th submission||25 minutes|
|5th submission||25 minutes|
|6th submission||25 minutes|
|Closing words||2 minutes|