Community Data Science Workshops (Fall 2015)/Day 3 Projects
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In the afternoon sessions, there will once again be three options:
- Option 1: Visualization and analysis using spreadsheets — This talk will continue directly from lecture and we will use the same dataset of the metadata from all the Wikipedia articles about Harry Potter.
- Option 2: Visualization using Python and Matplotlib — In this session we will focus on making beautiful and nuanced plots using a powerful graphing library within Python. We'll be using the dataset created this morning with wikipedia edit information, and data sets from other web APIs.
- Option 3: Analyzing data from Twitter
- Option 4: Deconstructing Seattle's Construction Boom — If you want to play with Seattle apartment and condo data, this is the room for you. We will analyze it by neighborhood and over time, and visualize it with graphs and heatmaps.
- Option 4: Independent study — If you have an idea for a project to build or analyze a dataset and you think you can work 70-80% independently on it, this is also the room for you! Mentors will be around to help you as you get stuck and to give you advice! So if are looking for more detailed help with, say, the Twitter API, then this is the room for you.