Community Data Science Workshops (Core)/Lecture
Welcome to the <day name> lecture section of the Community Data Science Workshop Session <number>! For about 140 minutes, we'll work through an example of a <topic of the day> end-to-end that answers simple questions using via both a lecture and hands-on exercises.
Material for the lecture
For the lecture, you will need <number> files. Download both of these to your computer by using right or control-click on the link and then using Save as or Save link as. Keep track of where you put the files.
- Link file 1
- Link file 2
Overview of the day
- Our philosophy around data analysis and visualization
- Introduce some new programming tools!
- We're going to walk through some analysis <specific data here>, start to finish
- Project-based work
- Project room 1
- Project room 2
- Review Cafe
Step 1: Pre-Requisites
- Pre-requisite 1
Step 2: Walking through a Program
- Walk-through of
- Look at a dataset with Jupyter and/or in a spreadsheet
Step 3: Other steps here
- link to older resources
- link to external resources