Community Data Science Course (Spring 2019)/Day 8 notes
Today we'll take a partial digression from python to talk about Pivot Tables in Excel.
- Load the SDOT data from last time
- Creating basic pivot tables
- Rows, columns, values, filters
- Aggregation functions
- Common tricks
- Stats! Let's talk about the Odds Ratio
Let's use what we learned to answer some questions
- What kinds of accidents are more likely to occur at Intersections than in a Block?
- Do accidents with speeding involved result in a higher chance of injury? (Hint: use an odds ratio)
- Look at columns HITPARKEDCAR and COLLISIONS. What do you notice about HITPARKEDCAR
- Is speeding more likely to result in injuries or death?
- what is the most dangerous corner in Seattle?
- What do JunctionType and AddrType tell you about this data set?