Community Data Science Course (Spring 2019)/Day 3 Coding Challenges
- Search for your own name. Are there both boys and girls that have your name? Is it more popular for one group than for the other?
- Hint: don't use a for loop for this one.
- What is the most common name for each gender?
- What is the least common name?
- How often does the least common name occur? (Does that bother you?)
- Are there more boys names or girls names?
- What about that start with "a"?
- (Challenge!) For every letter, tell if there are more boys names or girls names.
- What is the longest name in the dataset?
- How many boys and girls are described in the dataset (i.e., how many boys and girls born in 2013 have names given to at least four others)?
- How many boys names are also girls names? How many girls names are also boys names?
- What is the most popular girls name that is also a boys name?
- Discover at least one fact about the names that is not listed above.
- Challenge plot (in Excel) the number of people who share a name with n other people in the data set, where n is 4 to 19.