Starting in the Fall 2021 quarter, we are implementing weekly workshops in place of softblocks + a 3-hour C+F session. The main idea is that the CDSC workshop provides a weekly venue to present/share work about once per quarter. This would be similar to C&F, but spread over the quarter; in Fall 2021, we are trying this out in place of a C+F block.
Everyone is expected to attend the workshop sessions. Everyone is also expected to sign up to present/share work each quarter.
In the week you are presenting/sharing, you should circulate something for the group by EOD Wednesday before your Friday slot. Like in the C&F, you are welcome to workshop a wide range of things: planning documents, draft papers, manuscripts with reviews, grant applications, job market materials, practice talks, brainstorming potential projects, etc.
- [date] - [name]: [general topic item]
- Oct 1 - Floor: Online labor SLR
- Oct 8 - Nate: No Community Can Do Everything (revisions for CSCW)
- Oct 15 - Sohyeon: Information loss project (to be WWW2022 submission)
- Oct 22 - St3f: Coraland Citizen Science App for Families (R&R for CSCW)
- Oct 29 - Nick V: The Theory of Critical Mass and Data Leverage
- Nov 5 - Sneha: Proposal for an NSF (or other) proposal on community governance
- Nov 12 -
- Nov 19 - Carl
Nov 26- Thanksgiving week / no meeting
- Dec 3 -
- Dec 10 -
This is where we'll archive past sign-ups!