Communication and Social Networks (Fall 2021)/Homework 1
Before starting, read through Individuals versus Networks by James Cook. This will help you to finish the assignment.
- Define a set of people who you consider to be your "family."
- Describe your family using an individual-level approach (e.g., # of adults and children, locations, etc.). The easiest way to do this is probably as a table. E.g., the start of the table of my family might look like this. Be creative in the variables that you measure. :)
- Describe your family in each of the following ways:
- drawing a social network graph
- writing out a social network edge list
- creating a social network matrix.
Turn in your assignment on BrightSpace