Statistics and Statistical Programming (Winter 2021)/Day 3 session plan
< Statistics and Statistical Programming (Winter 2021)
Revision as of 03:33, 3 January 2021 by Benjamin Mako Hill (Created page with "== Agenda == * ''OpenIntro'' Chapter 2 content and exercises * Notes and questions re: next week ** Problem set #1: Basics of working with data. ** Probability (the subject of...")
- OpenIntro Chapter 2 content and exercises
- Notes and questions re: next week
- Problem set #1: Basics of working with data.
- Probability (the subject of Chapter 3) necessarily gets a bit more "mathy." I think this is a good thing and encourage you to work through it (without losing hope if you find it hard since you can "do" applied statistics without being particularly good at solving probability homework problems).
- If you like visual explanation and/or interactive demonstrations, the "Seeing Theory" website/book I link to in the "Resources" section for next week may be for you.