Difference between revisions of "Sociotechnocanonicon/2020 Planning"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(creates this from a trimmed-down clone of 2020)
Revision as of 20:46, 12 October 2019
This space is for adding ideas for the 2020 Sociotechnocanonicon.
Lessons from 2019
- Deciding on book/s needs to happen earlier so that we can get the word out and folks can plan
- Intersecting reading choices and discussion leaders earlier would also be helpful
Ideas From 2019
- Axelrod's wikipedia:The Evolution of Cooperation. A more controversial suggestion would be Kropotkin's wikipedia:Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution —mako๛
- Claude Shannon (or at least someone else's summary of information theory) Aaronshaw (talk) 16:38, 7 May 2019 (EDT)
- Hayek (on information) Aaronshaw (talk) 16:39, 7 May 2019 (EDT)
- If we want to read something ecological I would pick "organizations evolving" by Reuf and Aldrich. It may be a bit too high level and its kind of a textbook. I'd also be excited to do Marx, Weber, Durkheim. Another idea for a social theory book is "Constructing Social Theories" by Stinchcomb. Groceryheist (talk) 18:24, 5 June 2019 (EDT)
- Giddens, A. (1984). The constitution of society: outline of the theory of structuration. University of California Press.
- Something by Wanda Orlikowski Sneha (talk) 11:49, 6 June 2019 (EDT)
- Jo Freeman's Tyranny of Structurelessness Sneha (talk) 11:49, 6 June 2019 (EDT)
- Jessica Nembhard's Collective Courage: A History of African American Cooperative Economic Thought and Practice Sneha (talk) 11:49, 6 June 2019 (EDT)
- Francesa Polletta's Freedom is an Endless Meeting Sneha (talk) 11:49, 6 June 2019 (EDT)