Introduction to Graduate Research (Fall 2021)
Revision as of 20:49, 5 September 2021 by Aaronshaw (Created page with "<div style="float:right;" width=30%; class="toclimit-3">__TOC__</div> ;Introduction to Graduate Research (in TSB and MTS) :Media, Technology & Society (MTS) 501 :Wednesdays 9...")
- Introduction to Graduate Research (in TSB and MTS)
- Media, Technology & Society (MTS) 501
- Wednesdays 9am-11:50am CT
- Frances Searle Building, Room 2-378
- Fall 2021
- Northwestern University
- Course websites
- Canvas for announcements, submitting assignments, and some files.
- Zoom for supplementary synchronous course meetings.
- wiki page for nearly everything else.
- Instructor: Aaron Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Office Hours: Wednesday afternoons (details TBA) and by appointment
- Please use office hours signups (with remote and f2f location information)
Overview and learning objectives
Format and structure
Weekly (minor) assignments
Final (major) assignments
Grading and assessment
Schedule (with all the details)
Credit and notes
This course design and syllabus builds from prior iterations offered by Pablo Boczkowski, Darren Gergle, Eszter Hargittai, and me. It has also been shaped by input from the current faculty affiliated with the MTS and TSB Ph.D. programs.